Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Home > Featured > Uganda Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Rise To 14
FeaturedNews

Uganda Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Rise To 14

The Ministry of Health has confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 caused by the Coronavirus, bringing the total number to 14.

This was revealed by the Director General Health Services, Dr Henry G. Mwebesa (pictured Centre) while addressing the media about COVID-19 situation in Uganda.

He said the five new cases include two of the 6 Chinese that were arrested in Zombo while escaping.

“As of today, 25 March 2020, there are 5 new confirmed cases for COVID-19 bringing the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country to 14,” Dr Mwebesa said.

To date, a total of 2,661 travelers including Ugandans identified for COVID-19, 1,230 are under follow up, 764 are under institutional quarantine, 466 are under self-quarantine and 1,431 high risk travelers have completed their 14 days of follow up.

“Following our appeal to all individuals who travelled from Dubai in the past 2 weeks, a total of 574 individuals have been listed countrywide,”  Dr Mwebesa, adding: ““We have so far screened 60 travelers at Mulago National Specialized Hospital. We further direct all persons who travelled from Dubai in the past 2 weeks to come to Ward 2A at Mulago National Specialized Hospital (New Mulago) for assessment.”

Following the declaration of the COVID-19 outbreak, Dr Mwebesa said they have increased the capacity of their call center to handle more calls at the same time effective today.

“Call center agents have been increased from 20 to 100 and will continue to work in shifts for 24 hours daily,” he said, adding: “We would like to reiterate that the public is encouraged to call the  Ministry of Health on 0800-100-066, 0800-203-033 or 0800-303-033 to enable our surveillance teams assist you.”

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *