Thursday, August 13, 2020
Home > Featured > NBS TV Swings Axe On News Producer Over Measles-Rubella and Polio Story
FeaturedNews

NBS TV Swings Axe On News Producer Over Measles-Rubella and Polio Story

Next Media has fired the news producer who was in charge of the NBS TV story that misrepresented facts on the Measles-Rubella and polio vaccination campaign.

In a statement that has been widely circulated on social media sites, management says Mr. Moses Alsayed Lubega has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

“Effective immediately, Mr. Moses Alsayed Lubega will no longer be a part of the Next Media Services family, as his contract of employment with us is terminated following his role as news producer on duty when facts were misrepresented in a report on a press conference about the recently-concluded Measles-Rubella & Polio vaccination campaign,” the statement says.

Last week, the television reported that the Health Ministry had confirmed the dangers of the vaccination whose side effects could be fatal.

The ministry ruled out any fatal side effects as a result of the vaccination campaign carried out last month.

Health minister, Ruth Aceng furiously reacted to the NBS story calling out the television for spreading fake news.

The statement adds that, “Stephen Olweny, the reporter of this story, has been suspended from duty for two (2) months. Warning letters have also been handed out to other employees that were involved in the same process.”

On Monday, NBS TV issued a formal apology regretting the incident and promising to uphold the virtues of truthfulness in their reporting, promising to put in place measures to make sure it does not happen again.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *