The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) President Eng Moses Magogo (in featured photo) has described Uganda Cranes disappointing 3-0 loss away to Tanzania in the final AFCON 2019 group L qualifier as the worst result under his administration.
Despite the loss, the Cranes ended the qualification campaign top of the group with 13 points. Tanzania with 8 points also qualified for AFCON finals after 39 years of waiting.
Below is Magogo’s statement that he posted on his official facebook page about Sunday’s result.
This is the worst result of the Uganda Cranes in my administration. No one can feel more disappointed than me.
As administration we provided everything the technical team and players wanted
We therefore all ought to understand the following facts:
1. All allowances and outstanding bonuses were fully paid before the match.
2. The coach asked for a camp in Egypt, we provided it
3. The coach has full independent hand to select the team including the lineup. We have and will never interfere with the team callup and lineup
4. Bonuses of 2500 USD per player for the win and 1500 USD for a 0-0 draw were announced before the match of Tz
5. Despite NCS not providing the funds required, the FUFA Administration mobilized funds and cleared everything outstanding before the match
I want to listen to any explanation why it is not the coach and the team responsible for this dismal performance but the FUFA President and/or the administration
We are also football fans hurt by the bad results. We are also football fans sometimes in disagreement with the decisions of the coaches but we support them because they are the most technical
Now is the time for the coaches to explain their selections and tactics but not before the match
We will wait for the technical explanations from the technical team of the match
It is Our Game, It is Our Country