Saturday, July 20, 2024
Home > Featured > Blow By Blow Account: Mowzey Radio’s Last Moments Emerge

Blow By Blow Account: Mowzey Radio’s Last Moments Emerge

The late Moses Sekibogo aka Mowzey Radio’s last moments have emerged for the first time. The celebrated artist was assaulted after a brawl at Entebbe’s De Bar on the 22nd January 2018 and died on February 1, 2018.

Producer Washington, who was the deceased hours before the incident that took his life, revealed what exactly happened before after the brawl at the infamous Entebbe bar.

Appearing before NBS Tv MorningBreeze show, Washington started off saying: “I know the truth about what took place. I want to first send my condolences to the family of Mowzey Radio.”

Producer Washington

He added: “It was on the 23rd of January when this darkness happened. I found Radio at his home in Makindye and he wanted to go to Entebbe because he was constructing a house there. He said I escort him. We got into the car at around 3PM and we drove to Entebbe. We were three in the car. On the way, we were talking about life, love and collaborations. I was so shocked this coming from Radio.”

On this day, Washington revealed Radio was talking about the Bible and other things ‘I didn’t expect from him.’

On the site, Washington says Radio got a phone call from a lady called Pamela.

“Pamela told Mowzey to find her at the bar. We walked to the bar around 5-6PM. Pamela was at the bar with a group of her friends which I didn’t know. They sat in a group on the side & I sat on the other side. We didn’t want to mix with people who drink,” Washington revealed, adding that he started getting a bad feeling about what was happening and asked Radio to go, but he insisted and they stayed.

“I walked out and then went to the car and rested for 10 minutes. When I met Pamela, I asked her to tell Mowzey that we should leave and then she said Mowzey was about to get done. When Pamela came out, I asked her ‘what are you doing?’ because it was getting late,” Washington further narrated, adding: “I insisted and went inside the bar. When I entered inside, they had shifted to the other side. The tone of their voices was on another other level. They were over laughing and Radio was not happy about that.”

Washington further says that he sat with Radio for about 5 minutes.

At this point, he says “they brought a bottle of whisky and I saw him paying the money. He got the whisky and started pouring in different glasses. He then got agitated and poured whisky on the manager, the one who was talking ill about him.”

“They didn’t react because they continued laughing but I noticed the manager wasn’t happy. When I asked Radio what he had done, he said that ‘they know what they were doing’. In about 5 minutes, the manager got very angry and threw the table away,” Washington says, adding that the bar manager then came for Radio and they were separated by a tall guy, Troy (Wamala they key suspect who has since been arrested) and Hassan.

“I told Pamela to pick Radio out because they were together. On the way out, towards the door of the club, this tall guy, Troy, came shouting ‘you have disrespected the owner of the bar’. He lifted Radio up and threw him down, heard him hit his head down. I heard his head crack,” Washington revealed.

He adds: “My instinct was to first pick up Mowzey. His eyes had shutdown. We drove Mowzey to Emmanuel Hospital and there was a bit of delay. We than requested for an ambulance to Nsambya [Hospital],” he says, adding that from Nsambya Hospital, they were referred to Case hospital because ‘they told us that the ICU was full’.

He says that he asked Pamela to get Mowzey out of the bar four times, but “She didn’t do enough to protect Mowzey because she is the one who invited us.”

He adds that Mowzey Radio didn’t fight at all.

“This man Troy grabbed him and threw him down. The picture circulating is of the person who killed Radio. I can’t forget the face of the man who killed my brother.” He added that he attended Mowzey’s burial but it is unfortunate that some people think he wasn’t there.

“I had a security team of about 15 people because I was told I was a key witness in this case,” he said.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *