Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Home > Featured > US: We Have Immunized 1.5M Ugandan Children
FeaturedNews

US: We Have Immunized 1.5M Ugandan Children

The United States Mission in Uganda has revealed its great contribution to Uganda’s health system, noting that it spends a lot of money in immunizing the East African country’s children.

The Mission Sunday took to its official Twitter handle announcing the trillions, the United States has been injecting in Uganda’s health sector.

Under the hash tag; HandsinHandWithUganda, the Mission wrote that the nation has injected a tune of USD501M (about Shs1.8 trillion) in Uganda’s health sector.

“In 2017, U.S. assistance helped immunize more than 1.5 million Ugandan children,” the Mission said.

The move comes a week after President Yoweri Museveni lashed out at Ugandans for not being grateful to his over 32-year rule, noting that they should at least thank him for immunising them against killer diseases.

“The NRM has protected Ugandans in health by immunising them, protected them from war and terrorism, but now no one cares,” the President remarked.

It is worth noting that a report by the 26 member Health Committee of Parliament on the 2018/2019 Ministerial Policy Statement and Budget estimates said that dependency on external financing puts lives of Ugandans at risk in the event the donors withdrew the funding.

The Health Committee highlighted that in the 2018/2019 budget allocations donor funds would account for 45% while Government will meet the other 55% of the budget for the Ministry of Health.

 

  • 8
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_320 in /home/busin242/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 205

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_480 in /home/busin242/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined variable: content in /home/busin242/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_480 in /home/busin242/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 136

Notice: Undefined variable: responsive_view_320 in /home/busin242/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-floating-content-lite/public/class-advanced-floating-content-public.php on line 136