UBA Uganda new CEO Chioma Mang
United Bank for Africa, Uganda (UBA), is pleased appointed Chioma Mang as the in-coming Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO) of UBA Uganda.
Chioma has over 30 years’ experience in banking. Prior to this role, she was the CEO of UBA Gabon and UBA Liberia.
The new MD/CEO takes over from Johnson Agoreyo, who has been at the helm of the bank for the last 4 years.
Below are his key achievements as the Managing Director of UBA Uganda.
- Successful turnaround of UBA Uganda’s operation after 8 years of loss making to profitability. As at December 31st, 2019, UBA ranked 12th/ 25 in PBT and 15th /25 in liabilities in the banking industry.
- Strong Risk management and corporate governance.
- Improved Brand visibility and market perception of UBA in Uganda.
- Improved BOU rating to satisfactory.
- Obtained Bancassurance and agent banking licenses in Uganda.
- Growth of the Branch network from 9 to 16.
- Relocation of the Head Office to a more strategic befitting Corporate office.
- Won Various mandates including Fuel cards management and E-Voucher system for the government of Uganda.
- Increased Digital Banking play in Uganda with introduction of key products e.g. LEO Chat banking – a first in the market.
The new appointment represents further strategic recognition of the growth of UBA’s business in Uganda and its critical importance to the UBA Group.
UBA is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 20 countries and 3 global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. UBA provides retail, commercial and institutional banking services, leading financial inclusion and implementing cutting edge products such as the first ever banking chat bot in Africa, LEO.
UBA Uganda represents UBA’s pioneer country activities in the East and Southern African sub-region. With a growing network of branches and ATMs across the country, the bank continues to expand the retail and commercial playing field in Uganda by delivering unique financial products and solutions.