Monday, July 15, 2024
Home > News > Over 400 Arsenal Fans in Amuru Battling Stomach Complications After Celebratory Meal

Over 400 Arsenal Fans in Amuru Battling Stomach Complications After Celebratory Meal

Football teams getting ready for a match in Pece stadium.

Over 400 supporters of the English premier side, Arsenal sports club, in Amuru district, are battling stomach complications after consuming food suspected to have been laced with poison.
The affected fans experienced severe stomach pains and diarrhea shortly after eating a meal at Lajalula Trading Centre, Lajalula Parish, Lakang Sub County, on September 23rd, 2023 that was prepared in celebration of Arsenal’s victory over Manchester City FC in the Community Shield Cup.
To mark their joy, the fans contributed funds and slaughtered a cow for a feast, symbolizing their relief from the thirst for trophies. More than 400 people, including local leaders, partook in this celebratory meal. However, the celebrations took an unexpected turn when all the celebrants later reported stomachaches and severe diarrhea, causing widespread concern.
Stephen Ingeyo, one of the affected fans, expressed his surprise at developing stomach complications, including watery stool, after having participated in the party. Ingeyo, who still feels weak, sought treatment at a local clinic at the trading center based on the recommendation of a health worker. Michael Odora, an Arsenal supporter and Chairperson of the local business community in Lajalula Trading Centre, is also undergoing treatment for the same condition.
He suspects that the food, which was cooked in an open setting, may have been maliciously poisoned by an individual with ill intentions. Odora is taking antibiotics, including to recover from the complications. He mentioned that nearly everyone who feasted on the meat, including women and children, is experiencing stomach pain and diarrhea.
Francis Odida, the Chairperson of Lajalula Parish and also a victim of the food incident, reported that a meeting was convened at Lajalula Trading Centre to determine who might be responsible for the suspected food contamination. According to Odida, there was a lot of foam in the food shortly after it was cooked, but the fans didn’t pay much attention to its cause. He emphasized that there have been no casualties reported, though many people are still suffering from the condition.
Odida further revealed that their investigation led them to a woman whom the community members had decided to expel due to her questionable actions in this incident. Our reporter was unable to get a comment from medical workers about the incident by the time of filing this story as none of the officials could be reached.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *