A total of 13, 509 students are expected to graduate in different fields at Makerere University next week commencing from Tuesday 14th to 17th January 2020.
The 70th Graduation ceremony will see 420 scoop first class degrees and others conferred upon degrees and awarded diplomas during the four-day ceremony.
According to the Office of the Academic Registrar that has released the full list females comprise a big number compared to males. “50.5% of the students are females while 49.5 are males,” reads part of the statement.
The report further says a total of 420 Graduands obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) above 4.40 hence obtaining First Class Degrees.
According to Dr. Kiggundu Musoke, the Public Relations Officer at Makerere University, the best student in the Humanities was Namukose Rita who obtained a CGPA of 4.92 in the Bachelor of International Business of Makerere University Business School, while Namayengo Sarah topped the Sciences with a CGPA of 4.83 in the Bachelor of Conservation Forestry and Product Technology of Makerere University.
The Schedule for the four-day ceremony according to the release will run as follows;
Tuesday, 14th January, 2020
• College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
• College of Natural Sciences
• College of Education and External Studies
• College of Health Sciences
Wednesday, 15th January, 2020
• College of Business and Management Sciences
• College of Computing and Information Sciences
• College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Bio-security
Thursday, 16th January, 2020
• Makerere University Business School
Friday, 17th January, 2020
• College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology
• College of Humanities and Social Sciences
• School of Law
By Drake Nyamugabwa